Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Mmmm...just like chicken!

So, a third grader comes up to me today. It's the first time I have seen him today...and he says, "Hey Mr. Paul! Did you know that Hannibal Cannibal ate people?" I say, "Wow...I did know that, Joe (fake name). Where did you learn that?" He replies, "Oh, my grandad told my this weekend. See ya Mr. Paul!" and he goes off to unpack his bag.

So here I'm left thinking, "Whoa! Who on earth tells their 9-year-old grandson that people eat people? How did that conversation germinate?" I mean, Joe made it seem like a factoid...something interesting. Meanwhile, I'm thinking I'll watch my back a little closer around Joe in case he gets hungry ;)

I love those kids...no matter how zany!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home