Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Sunday, August 06, 2006

LV is Love without the vowels.





Hello my "loves" :)

I am officially safe and sound in D-Town and will be here for a week.

So has anyone had any Dunleavy room withdrawals? Cause I SURE have... to be honest I have been dreaming about it since I have been home.??




K ... I really just wanted to toss a few of my favorite pics from the great week onto here so we can add some life to the page :)





For those of you that missed the amazing NTI conference... you sure missed out! We totally got to check out the bell, Independence Hall, and had a few great socials with the other NTIers... (WHIP CREAM WOOT WOOT!)

To me, one of the biggest differences in the weeks was the presence of wealth in the schools that were accounted for at the conference. Some of the schools had some absolutely amazing programs that they described.. such as HUGE music/drama programs, majorly funded sports programs, and tons of AP classes. In fact, we had a Brother refer to Yakima numerous times in a rather derogatory manor saying things such as "all of your schools, well probably not your students at LaSalleYakima, will be college prep schools ready to send students into a higher level AP classroom..." and so on... it was rather appalling. Other than the blatant differences between LV's and the other week, I had a great time and really can't wait til we are all able to see each other @ midyear!!!

(PICS FROM NTI... ya'll missed out!!)



i'm gonna head off and jam some Blink 182 to get in touch with my teenage angst.

much love!

God Bless

*Annie




4 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Joel said…

    Great pictures! The one on the vent turned out especially well.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Sandra S said…

    you guys had pizza??-oh yeah I wasn't there..I was NAPPING!!!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Sandra S said…

    wait..disregard last comment..haha..

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jolleen said…

    Sweet Annie! Thanks for spicing life up a lil, btw, you and Joe = crazy pizza eaters!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home