Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Le Menu Polonais

For those of you wondering whether I really can cook...

It's a little-know secret that, yes, I can cook. And for those of you needing proof, I offer it now :)

I made a traditional Polish meal yesterday. Here's what was on the menu:
  • Kabanosi (slim Polish sausage bought fresh)
  • Crackers
  • Cheese
  • Chilled fresh dill and cucumber soup (I made it from scratch!)
  • Grilled Polish sausage (bought fresh)
  • Riesling-infused sauerkraut with diced potatoes (thanks ACME)
  • Sauteed Potato and four cheese pierogies (thanks Mrs. T's)
  • Sauteed Potato, chive, and sour cream pierogies (thanks Mrs. T's)
  • Sernik (Polish cheesecake) with blueberry sauce and fresh cherries (bought fresh at a Polish bakery)
  • White wine (California Chardonnay...not very Polish)

So that was a Polish meal and last year I made an Irish meal for St. Pat's Day. I think French is next. Any takers? We'll get an e-vite started when I plan it ;) ...but, shhhhh! I don't want everyone to think I can actually cook

I hope everyone is enjoying the sun, wherever you're at.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home