Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Friday, April 20, 2007

Guilt-tripped aplologies!

One of my favorite 7th grade girls, who can be short-tempered at times, showed me a little disrespect this week. It really wasn't that big of a deal compared to some of the disrespect that has been shown to me, but I admit it hurt my feelings slightly because she and I do not normally have problems. When things had calmed down, I made the comment to her that I was surprised that she continued to talk disrespectfully to me after I asked her not to because she never does that with me. She apologized and I thought that was the end of it. The next day she came to me with an apology note written on fancy paper. She said that she was really sorry and wrote the note to apologize for her behavior. It was sweet. But if that wasn't enough....her teacher sent me an email today that said...This was one of Ursula's vocabulary sentences for "ruefully"..."Sometimes, I ruefully think that I should not have been smart with Ms. Sara." :) I guess I laid on the guilt trip harder than I thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home