Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Weekend Blitz

Hello fellow LV'ers! How's it going? I hope that everyone is having a good and healthy time at your site. I have much to report, but this weekend at Bedford was a juicy blitz. Saturday we headed upstate, Erica, Jonathan, Br. Michael, Jim, and me, to Barrytown for a Christian Brothers reunion.It was cool to see a different area of New York state, because not everything is just NYC. The landscape was green and foresty. It was a great opportunity to take in some fresh air. The reunion was a mix of Brothers that had left and the ones that stayed. We even got to meet Br. Michael's 4th grade teacher! Although we didn't know many of them, they were enthralled with our presence. We also gave a short presentation on the Lasallian volunteer program. We had a small audience- but everyone had a question. It was good to see people interested in the work that we do. Sunday was a beach day and we were going to meet up with two ex-LVs, Jill and Erica, when we found out they had an accident the night before- they are doing well by the way. Needless to say, we got good tans- I was hoping to get darker though. And now I am writing this to you fine people, while watching Unfaithful with Erica and Br. Ed. And that was the weekend! I have two more weeks before I start "school"- so each day I alternate with staying awake after prayer or going back to sleep until noon. So many choices so little time!! But in the meantime, holla if you're in town- I can take you out for a good time. Peace out.





1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home