Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Photography Class



Fellow LV's,

I hope everyone is doing great at this point of the year. Some of you know that I started a photography class in our school. Students take and develop their own pictures. So far, they have had a lot of fun and today some of their pictures were put on display in the hallway of the school. I personally think that they look great, but I'm sure that they'll even like them more. Because they'll get to tell their friends that they took the picture and developed the picture in the darkroom. I hope to send out the newsletter in a couple weeks to update all the generous donors who helped get this program started. I still dont have everything I need, but slowly thing are coming together. There are many ideas on how to fundraise for this program in order to continue in the future so its completely free. Right now things are going pretty good and I dont think that it will be hard to maintain it financially. I hope.

I would have posted some of the pictures that the students took but they are on display right now. Maybe next time.

Peace,
Jorge

4 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jolleen said…

    Beautiful Hey hey!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Annie said…

    that's so great Jorge!!!

    i hope all is goin well bud!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hey Jorge~

    You could write a grant proposal to a local foundation specifically requesting funding for this project. I'm doing that right now for our ESL classes at LEO. Check with your development officer to find a potential foundations.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Jorge said…

    Thanks for all the compliments and Kelly, I will look into the grant proposal. It might not be anytime soon, but I will definately do so. Thanks for all your comments, its the kids who make it successful!

    Pray for students and for Wanda!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home