Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So...I admit it...I've been one of those silent readers Jolleen was talking about. (By the way, Jolleen, thanks for re-sending me the link to the blog, sorry I erased the first one after you made it clear not to...oops!) Anyhow, I've been reading everyone's blogs the past few weeks and becoming more and more jealous that I was not at my site yet - But, now I am!!! Philadelphia, the city you all got a glimpse of and grew to love - well at least the La Salle University campus part of Philly - is now my new home! I was greeted by Br. Bud at the airport with one of his grrreat hugs! And then by balloons and little welcome notes all over my room - it was wonderful and really made me feel like part of the "family".

Paul has not arrived yet but will within the next few hours (Br. Bud is going to pick him up from the airport as I type...I am doing my first community effort by staying behind waiting for a new freezer to be delievered). So, I have been able to settle in without any of his distractions - jk Br. Paul. But it has been nice. In an effort to make a regular routine of running, I have found the "towpath" to be an excellent place to run/walk. It is just a few blocks from our house and goes along that not-so-clean-kinda-stinky river some of us saw one our walk through Manayunk. But, it is actually a very scenic and relaxing path. I almost feel like I am back home and in the country when I am on it. I am also pretty much settled in in my room. I am all unpacked but still arranging stuff. Today, I expereinced our first morning prayer at a early 7:00 am. I know many of you start your days much, much earlier than that and I will also soon, but it is a routine I am going to have to work hard at getting use to. I admit - I showed up in my pajamas! I haven't run into any challenges yet, but I am sure they will come. I am kinda on vacation because we don't start school meetings until next week and we don't start school until the day after Labor Day. But, I am really excited and ready to get started.

I hope everyone is having great and eventful beginnings to your year! Miss you all!

-Peace & Love,
Sara

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    glad to hear you are doing well my dear!!! :) I still love our pic the most!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home