Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Monday, August 21, 2006

The following is from a prayer service we used a couple nights ago... it struck me and made me think of all the LVs and our commitment to God's work. Hopefully it touches you as well, especially those of you just arriving at your sites and settling in.


Let us put ourselves into His hands,
and be startled though He leads us by a strange way.
Let us be sure He will lead us right,
That He will lead us to that which is --
Not indeed what we think best,
Nor what is best for another,
But what is best for us....

We are all created for His glory
We are created to do His will.
I am created to do something or to be something
For which no one else is created.
I have a place in God's counsels, in God's world,
Which no one else has:
Whether I be rich or poor,
Despised or esteemed by all people
God knows me and calls me by name

God created me to do Him some definite service:
He has committed some work to me
Which He has not committed to another.
I have my mission
I may never know it in this life,
But I shall be told about it in the next,
Somehow I am necessary for His purposes

I have a great part in His work.
I am a link in a chain,
A bond of connection between persons
He has not created me for nothing.
I shall do good; I shall do His work
I shall be an angel of peace,
A preacher of truth in my own place,
While not intending it,
If I do but keep His commandments
And serve Him in my calling.

O Lord, I trust you wholly.
You are wiser than I
More loving to me than I am to myself
Fulfill your great purposes in me,
Whatever they may be.
Work in me and through me.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Justine said…

    Lovely prayer. I'll definately refer back to it down the road. I tend to feel at a loss as to what I'm doing in life. Even with this volunteer work, I sometimes wonder how I got here and where I'm heading. I'm working on the whole "trust in God" thing. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home