Lasallian Volunteers 2006-2007

He has called us each by name...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Moving in

Howdy All,


I have successfully moved into Harvey house in Chicago. Flew in Tues. night and was picked up by Ross. Wed. UPS dropped off my boxes and I was able to spend the day unpacking and organizing. I am about 90% done with that task. There are always the little items that one has to decide where they will live, and the books are currently on the floor awaiting a bookshelf which I will hopefully pick up this weekend.

The funny thing about the community, at the moment, is that Br. Ed is the only one here who has any experience living in the house, and he's so frightfully busy he's seldom home except to sleep. Ross moved in three days before I did and we have Br. Albert visiting, he's looking at the new charter school and may be volunteering there. Ross and I find ourselves asking the other "do you know where this is?" or "do we have one of these?", then we pause for a moment and realize the person we asked doesn't have anymore idea than we do.

We report to school next Tues. so I have a couple days to get out and see the city and learn my way around. There is an Airshow this weekend I would like to catch and a Ren Fair that a friend of mine says I just have to go to. Tomorrow I plan on hopping on the train and seeing if I can get lost in downtown Chicago.

I have a couple pictures from the beach trip that turned out well and I will post scans of them when the disk I put them on finally catches up with me. Probably Monday if the tracking is accurate.

I hope you are all doing well. For those who have still to travel, safe flights.


Yours,

Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home